You are here: Home
> Company Profile
- Damar Worldwide began selling our own DAMAR® brand light bulbs and
lighting supplies to wholesale lighting and electrical distributors nationwide.
Damar Worldwide contracts with leading lighting manufacturers worldwide to
produce products under strict specifications. Damar is proud to offer top
quality products at discounted prices and our extensive inventories rivals our
- Damar Worldwide moved into its expanded new distribution facility with over
94,000 square feet of inventory storage. With this new warehouse, we are able to
have "in stock" one of the largest inventories of lighting supplies ready for
immediate shipment anywhere in the world. Unlike some others in the lighting
business, we do not operate from an office, then get your bulbs from someone
else with long delays. We at Damar believe in timely delivery to our customers.
- With sales rocketing to new heights, we have added Canada to our sales area. We
provide the same quality service and delivery to Canada as we have to the United
- Damar is reacting to customers requests that we provide newer items, so, we
redesigned our warehouse to handle those new items. With us adding new items
weekly our warehouse filled even more.
- Damar started its manufacturing division to handle in house safe-shielding of
incandescent lamps. We have also added a specialty department for quality
painting of light bulbs. We are able to now supply customers with custom painted
incandescent lamps in almost any color.
- Safe-Shield® of HID, incandescent lamps, and heat lamps was started to help in
the supply of coated lamps for the food, medical, safety and educational
- We extended our sales areas to include Mexico and the Philippines.
- We outgrew our computer system and installed a new IBM RS6000 to handle the
- To better handle shipping to customers, we implemented a new electronic UPS
manifesting and shipping system.
- Upgraded our UPS shipping system to new bar-coding methods, which means better
tracking and better delivery of customer packages.
- We established new nationwide contracts with freight lines to ensure more cost
effective delivery of our products. Our current inventory of items has risen 25%
just from 1997 with new products and technologies being developed and
distributed by us. We will continue to bring these products to the lighting
industry well into the 21st century and we plan to still provide our customers
with what we have been know for since 1981 which is Great Products Fast.
- In February DAMAR® moved into a new 380,000 square foot distribution
center in Aurora, MO to better serve our customers. Warehouse Photo
Voltages in Different Countries